Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What's that in my hand?

She said "God knew."

By this story I am encouraged, and so I pass it on to you. 

We come to Him with many requests, expectations and wishes. We fantasize that the verses about our heart's desires will find their fulfillment immediately when we just tell them to God. But He, being a good parent, will withhold some things due His specific and perfect timing or, the opposite, He will not respond to those due their uselessness. 

Because He decides so.

***

Last week at the base I became a part and later a witness to some of God's work.

One of the staff girls, being lovely and obedient to God, got to taste His amazing  love for her. On Wednesday morning she got a gift - a travel mug that has her initials on it. In the afternoon she received a pack of her favorite flavor of hot cocoa chocolate. And in the evening someone secretly brought her a bag of marshmallows. Now these three people were not cooperating with each other and even didn't know that it had happened that way. 

Happy Her was enjoying the end of the day, when suddenly God literally stopped her to think again about what had happened during the day. "Well, I got a mug, I got hot chocolate and marshmallows... That's it!" - said Her in her mind, "God did just give me a mug, but He as well filled it with my favorite treats!"

Now let's see the backstage of that story: first, the "mug" person knew that She didn't have her own mug, second, the "hot chocolate" person knew that she likes it and now me, the "marshmallow" person, heard to get it for her.

The first point is the attention, the second is the response to a need, and the third - is obedience. 

Those three I am learning daily, and I fail, the One who is full of grace encourages me to continue on. He treats me and gives me a second chance. I would regret it if I wouldn't listen to the Voice, I would regret not being a part of His blessing to somebody else, because the Kingdom is to be a blessing in yourself.

No comments: