Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Like Jesus





“God loves you just the way you are, 
but He refuses to leave you there. 
He wants you to be just like Jesus.
Isn't that good news?
 You aren't stuck with today's personality. 
You are changeable... 
In Just Like Jesus, Max Lucado helps you to understand God's wonderful ways of transformation” (Max Lucado)


“What if, for twenty-four hours, Jesus wakes up in your bed, walks in your shoes, lives in your house, assumes your schedule? Your boss becomes his boss, your mother becomes his mother, your pains become his pains? With one exception, nothing about your life changes. Your health doesn’t change. Your circumstances don’t change. Your schedule isn’t altered. Your problems aren’t solved. Only one change occurs(Max Lucado).
This make me think about how far I am able to go. What potential I have to move mountains. We are in the age of weak Christians and strong religions. This is the challenge to go further. But how lazy we could be…
God loves you just the way you are, but he refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.
Just think about that. No other changes but just the one – transplanting a Jesus heart in your body.
What could that mean? It means, that no longer I live as Oksana, but Jesus in Oksana’s body, His Spirit. Yes, I am not separated from who I am, but this “am” is transformed into Jesus’ heart. If I am passionate, passionate for Jesus. If I am quiet, quiet for Jesus.
The bright example is Paul. He wasn’t changed in everything, but just the one thing – everything he had transformed into Jesus’ heart. What he did, he thought he was doing out of jealousy for God. This jealousy was transformed into Jesus’ heart. He had his character, but he used it for God’s kingdom.
The same for me. If I am able to do something, it is the one thing – to be just as He. If somebody offends me, I could chose to not be offended, cos’ He had more, and much more, opportunities to be offended! My offenders are not that strong as Jesus’. It makes me just like Him. Etc..
The principle of being Jesus on this Earth is to do what He has done and even more. If I am creating a new ministry and it was given me by Spirit, I may ask myself, is that what Jesus did and is that more of what He did?
“Since you have been chosen by God who has given you this new kind of life, and because of his deep love and concern for you, you should practice tender hearted mercy and kindness to others” Bible, Colossians 3:12.
Yes. This is what the world needs. Sometimes, I find myself of more thinking of how lazy I am than doing something. What a pity! I could complain on this age I have but it doesn’t change anything. Well, my mood is going down by this.
Some wise man said, let’s focus on what is better, then on what is not that good. Let’s develop what is better, then on what is not going well.
True, true.
So, how far could I go.. Matthew is admirably honest when he confesses, “All of Jesus’ followers left him and ran away” (26:56).For such a short word, all sure packs some pain. “All of Jesus’ followers … ran away.” John did. Matthew did. Simon did. Thomas did. They all did. We don’t have to go far to find the last time this word was used. Note the verse just a few lines before our text: “But Peter said, ‘I will never say that I don’t know you! I will even die with you!” (Max Lucado)
Shame. Shame.
“Remember, heaven was not foreign to Jesus. He is the only person to live on earth after he had lived in heaven. As believers, you and I will live in heaven after time on earth, but Jesus did just the opposite. He knew heaven before he came to earth. He knew what awaited him upon his return. And knowing what awaited him in heaven enabled him to bear the shame on earth” (Max Lucado).

That’s right. To see as Jesus saw, to walk, as Jesus walked…It is possible.
The question is in my choice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oksanka, thank you very much :) It is so very true! I want others to see Jesus in me, so I simply have to live as he did now in 21st century Prague.
Have a blessed day <3